When it comes to photography, smartphone cameras are getting better every year but they still can not beat the dedicated cameras experience. because they offer a lot more and deeper functionalities that take the photographs to a completely different level. From manual control to the accessibility to a wide range of different lenses creates a lot of possibilities for creativity.
The market is full of great cameras with various specifications, functions, and prices that are made for different people’s needs and budgets so If this is your first time buying a camera and still confused about which one to choose, in this topic we will percolate the best cameras for beginners on different budgets levels.
What Are The Different Types Of Cameras?
Mainly, there are 4 different camera types:
- Point-And-Shoot (Compact): the most compact, small, and lightweight cameras that fit easily into pockets and offer highly affordable prices. but on other hand, They have limitations when it comes to manual control and lens switch. They are great for personal photography where you don’t worry about carrying the camera around and still can capture high-quality images.
- Bridged (Fixed-Lens)
- DSLR (Recommended For Beginners)
Each camera type has its own pros and cons so generally, there is no option for the best camera type unless you know what’s your needs and the budget you have to determine which one has the best value for the price.
Canon EOS Rebel SL3 – Most Compact DSLR For Beginners
The Canon EOS Rebel SL3 is one of the most compact and lightweight digital Single-lens reflex (DSLR) cameras that was first announced in May 2019. It has a good balance between image quality, performance, compatibility, and ease of use at an affordable price. It was meant to replace the Canon SL2 predecessor with a lighter body, better image processor, improved video quality, and battery life. It offers a 24.1 MP APS-C format (22.3 X 14.9 mm) CMOS sensor and is powered by the DIGIC 8 Image Processor which is more than what most beginners need to take high-quality and detailed images and videos.
The Canon SL3 still has the fully articulated 3″ 1.04M-dot touchscreen which is very useful for vlogging and selfies, ISO range of 100-25600, 5 fps burst shoot, and much better battery life than the SL2 with up to 1,070 shots compared to 650-shot per charge.
For the video department, the Canon SL3 is capable of recording high-quality videos with resolutions 4k up to 24fps and Full HD (1080p) up to 60fps with 9 points Auto Focus system with eye-detection Dual Pixel AF for more precise auto object and face tracking.
Although the Canon SL3 is capable of recording 4k videos but still limited to 24 fps and there are only 9 Auto-Focus points which is one of the main downsides of this camera compared to 45-points in the Canon t8i. While both cameras are very similar in their specifications but on the other hand, the Canon SL3 offers a better price. Also, you may not need that high number of AF points yet.
- Canon EOS 250D / Rebel SL3 - 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor - DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen - UHD 4K24p Video and 4K Time-Lapse Movie
Nikon D3500 – Best Budget DSLR Camera
The Nikon d3500 is the latest DSLR camera in the Nikon’s 3xxx series announced by Nikon on August 30, 2018. It’s an entry-level DX camera aimed specifically for beginners who’re serious or want to get serious about taking their photos without spending too much money on their equipment.
Although the camera is relatively old, it is still the number one choice for beginners who are looking for a professional camera with super high image quality and more advanced features you can’t find in point-and-shoot cameras at an affordable price, the d3500 has everything you need and even more.
Design And Build-Quality
Overall, the Nikon d3500 is relatively compact and lightweight (415 g with battery) and measures 124 x 97 x 69.5 mm approximately. Not compared with point-and-shoot cameras but one of the most compact and lightest DSLR cameras in the market.
The D3500 body is made of hard plastic. The build quality is solid and sturdy as well as the surface feels pleasant. Also, Nikon has developed a deeper grip design than its predecessor to be more comfortable to hold and some commonly used buttons have moved to the right side to be easier to reach with your thumb.
The d3500 still has the 24.2 megapixels sensor and still one of the best APS-C sensors in the market and can compete with a high number of higher-end cameras. It is characterized by the high quality, accuracy, and clarity of images and can generate up to 6000px x 4000px images in dimension. The camera also features a 23.5 x 15.6 mm CMOS sensor for capturing and analyzing images.
The low-light performance is unsatisfactory for shooting indoors or at night time without the help of artificial lighting. Still, you can get better results by using lenses with a higher aperture (lower f-number) than the standard lens.
See the Best Nikon D3500 Bundle Deals
- Nikon D3500 DSLR Camera Body (Import Model)- DX-format 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor , EXPEED 4 Image Processor , No Optical Low-Pass Filter , Native ISO 100-25600; 5 fps Shooting , 3.0 inch 921k-Dot LCD Monitor , Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps , Multi-CAM 1000 11-Point AF System , SpBridge Bluetooth Connectivity , Guide Mode and Special Effects , Full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording , Built-in pop-up flash , Active D-Lighting , In-Camera Image Editing , Built-in pop-up flash
- Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens - F-Mount Lens/DX Format ,27-82.5mm (35mm Equivalent) , Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/38 , Two Aspherical Elements , Super Integrated Coating , Pulse Stepping Motor AF System ,VR Image Stabilization , Access Lens Settings in Camera Menu , Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm , Two aspherical elements , AF-P pulse motor , retractable lens barrel